Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Starting Base 2 Week 2

The plan this morning was to teach spin class and then do my M1 muscle endurance routine. The only problem with this plan was that I had a head cold. This is a time when I could really use a couch. The wife says to take it easy. To summarize Joe Friel... basically he says if you are sick below the neck, rest. If your symptoms are above the neck, try the planned workout.

So I did Spin class and it went ok. I had good motivation, and was able to get my HR into my upper zones. I climbed on the bike after class for my M1 workout but lacked the motivation to continue.

Tonight I will skip the weights and do the M1 workout. The goal this week is 45min in Zone 3. As before, I will do this at lower cadence so I can keep constant pressure on the quads.

If my cold symptoms get worse after today, I will skip my 4:00hr LSD ride tomorrow. I have done plenty longer rides so I don't feel to bad about missing one.

No comments: