Sunday, January 31, 2010

Base 3 Week 1 wrap up

Overall, it was a good week. I will fall short of the scheduled 14hrs. That is ok, I did do all my BT workouts. As per the plan, I had a solid muscle endurance trainer ride which included 75min in Z3. A longer ride of 2:30hrs on Wed. Then the reason I am going to be short on hours, I took a break on Thurs & Fri.

Yesterday, I did a spin class in the morning and a 2hr my force workout later. I picked out a couple long hills North of Omaha on Highway 75. These hills were longer and steep at places. I ended the workout with 12 climbs. On past endurance rides, I had to keep my HR down in Zone 2 on these hills. With a force workout I could let HR climb to Zone 4. It was hard work but felt good not to worry about not working too hard. I was tired for the last two hills but drummed up enough energy to get it done.

So today I will do another long endurance ride of at least 3hrs.

No comments: