Friday, January 15, 2010

Getting closer

I am getting closer to my Base2 rest week.

This week is progressing well. I am only an hour short of schedule. I want to make up that hour in the worst way but I need to let it go.

Yesterday, I finished up with 3hrs of training broken up into two sessions. Spin class for an hour and then 2hrs at home on the trainer. The trainer workout I had good energy for about 1:30. After that motivation fell through the floor. I was done... If I was on the trail even BR could pass me.

Today I felt much better. I did a Force workout. This workout included 10 three minute hills, effort up to zone 4 and cadence down to 70.
This was not a power interval with a sudden burst of energy. I just shifted down to a hard gear watch my HR rise to zone 4 as I kept the tension on my legs.

I haven't downloaded my data yet but I should have close to 150miles for this week.

Two more days until rest week. I have 4hrs tomorrow and 3hrs Sunday.

No comments: