Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Forty Five Minutes in Zone 3

This was a little more difficult than I thought. I don't think I warmed up enough so it was tough for the first 15min and the last 15min took forever.

I did it though. I have a nice flat chart with my HR right in the middle of Zone 3 for 45min. The speed graph looked good too. I held my speed to about 18mph. Who knows what speed that is on the road. The important point is that there was no loss of power.

I varied my cadence from upper 70rpms down to lower 60rpms. I wasn't very smooth at the lower cadence... I will have to work on that.

Today, I have a long day in the saddle 4:00hrs. If I get 3:00hrs I will be happy. The goal today is just to survive and keep the effort restricted to the lower part of my zone 2.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like its going good Joe.

Joe said...

Thanks Jon....