Sunday, January 17, 2010

Made it through Base two

Today completed my longest week of this years training. Now I can enjoy my rest week but rest weeks go fast.

This week I am looking forward to my fitness test on Sunday. I had an amazing test 3 weeks ago. I don't know how I am going to top that but I hope I do.

Recapping last week - 17:30hrs total time, either on the road, trainer, or spin bike. No weights. Three 3hr rides one of them on the road. My breakthrough workouts include 60min in zone3. Also, a force workout with low cadence and intensity into zone 4.

I feel real good about my training and fitness. I need to pick it up though. Joe Martin is coming soon. I set the bar high for myself, I want to be the highest placed Nebraskan at this race. I could get lucky and be the only one from the Cornhusker state entered. I am not counting on it.

I have a good start but none of this winter training will count unless I keep it up. It is like a diet, starting and going for a few weeks is easy... making it last and maintaining is the hard part.

No comments: