Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We're even

I wasn't ready last week for mother nature but this week I am. Rain is moving in today and is suppose to keep raining for a couple days. I am not ready to spend long hours grinding away on the trainer. Save that for the snowy cold days.

So, the plan for today was to get up early and ride for 2:00hrs. It wasn't suppose to start raining 'til later but I check the radar just in case.

The radar showed light rain over Omaha???? The streets were dry so I headed out to the Keystone trail. I felt good. I was able to comfortably stay in my 137 - 148 zone2. I made it to the bridge by Twin Creek theater then turned up the trail towards Papillion for bonus miles.

I worked most of the ride to keep my HR in the zone. My monitor beeps slow if I am below 137 - 148 bpm and fast if above that range. I was able to keep it quiet for 55min. I was happy with that but my avg speed was lower than I thought. Ride duration was about 30minutes short so I may start my weight training tonight.



Ride Stats-
Duration 1:32hr, Distance 22.6, avg spd 14.8, avg HR 139, avg cad 96

4 comments:

bryan said...

I slept in. There are many boogers in effect right now. Hell, you posted this before I was even up.

bryan said...

Wait, no you didn't. Nevermind.

Joe said...

Bryan - I am playing catch up to you. 80miles Sunday? That is quit a bit.

bryan said...

Yeah, that 80 miles was slightly ill-advised. I was aiming for 60.