Thursday, October 23, 2008

Trail Patrol

I completed a 1:48 minutes chunk of my planned 2:30 workout. Can I get a "Woo Hoo!!" It seems like a small victory now but I knew today would be a big hurdle for me. It is not over yet. I still have 42 minutes to do. I think I will do an hour which I can bust that out on the trainer tonight.

When I ventured out the streets were damp but no rain. I was thinking I could get in a quick hour ride. I made it down the trail to Twin Creek. By then it was lightly raining but I was still dry and comfortable. I pushed on to Highway 75 to the start of the "Bellevue Loop". That was good! So I turned around. It was still raining... I was comfortable though. The fender I got from Cranksgiving last year, thanks Bryan, worked great and my boots kept my feet dry.

Second ride, opted for riding outside around the back of the airport.

Trail Conditions - College of St. Mary - Bellevue Loop
Slick Bridges, Slight Mud washout under Harrison St bridge, Runners 2, Rabbit Index - Low, Goose Poo Index - Low

Ride Stats -
1) duration 1:48hr, distance 27, avg spd 15.3, avg HR 136, avg Cad 69
2) duration 1:02, distance 15

3 comments:

bryan said...

behold the power of Cranksgiving!

munsoned said...

Goose poo is more prevalent in Spring. And worse yet is the fact that the poo is always in different states of freezing/thawing to make trail life exciting.

Joe said...

Yep... the index will definatly go up then.