Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tale of Two Rides

Today's schedule had me riding for 2:30hrs. I broke it up into two rides.

The morning ride started early at 5:00am. There was frost on the ground but It didn't feel so cold. Last year I was pretty good at putting on just the right amount of clothing for the different temps but that seem so long ago. So I bundled up more than I thought I needed. I tried my new bib winter tights... nice, I think I can go no problem into the 20s/teens temperature range.

This ride took me through Dundee, Elmwood park, and down the trail to the bridge by the Twin Creek Movie theater. Round trip about 17 miles. I felt really good for this ride. I suppose the cold has a tendency to wake a person. I did get a bit nervous when my headlight went dead... I forgot to tell my personal assistant, me, to recharge the battery the night before.

The second ride took me from my house down Cumming Street and back around the Airport. I wanted to ride while it was still light so I changed into my clothes quickly after work. I hit the road at 6:00pm. It was much warmer, in the 50s, and virtually no wind. I really need to bring a camera. The view of Omaha at sunset was awesome.

Ride Stats -
1:27hr riding time, 21 mi, avg HR 134, avg spd 14.9, avg Cad 88
1:05hr riding time, 17 mi, avg HR 136, avg spd 15.9, avg Cad 86

No comments: