Thursday, October 30, 2008

Technical Difficulties

Got on the bike this morning for about 1:30hrs. My HRM was acting crazy and my headlight was stuck. Very frustrating! More to come on that. Otherwise, it was a nice morning... I should be glad. I want to rant about my difficulties but not enough time now.

Ok, I have time. First of all, my nice headlamp wasn't operating properly. The button that turns the light on was stuck in the on but dim position. I had just enough light to see down the trail. If it was just $20 - $30, I would just get a new one. I spent good money on this light, I expected it to last for years if not for life. I think I can survive the weekend but right now I will have to forgo the morning rides outside for the trainer.

Also, my HR monitor went totally kaput. I almost turned around and canceled the ride.

Hit the gym in the evening. I was totally tired so I quit after 1 of 3 circuits. I think I just needed some food.

Anyway not a banner day for me. This will make 4 weeks so maybe I needed to back off a little.

1 comment:

munsoned said...

Rest is just as important work.

I imagine you don't want to reveal the brand/type of light? I've never been impressed with battery powered lights. That's why I've got a hub generator. It's heavy, but it always works!