Monday, March 21, 2011

Recap for the Week

For the past week, I stayed with the training schedule.  I did miss my workout on Thursday but made up the time with a longer than scheduled ride on Saturday & Sunday. 

Saturday, I went with the Bike Master's group.  I also was slated for a hill workout.  So either on a hill or into the wind I would pick up the pace.  I did this one time before the sprint point just before Maple Street out west by Waterloo.  I got in front of the group and picked up the pace.  A couple guys hung onto my wheel.  When the sprint sign was visible one guy attacked.  I was able to get on his wheel.  I was able to recover a bit and counter to take the sprint.  I contested the sprint a couple more times but was beat out.

Sunday, went with the EVCC group on Sunday.   I was in for a easy ride but Rich and Craig were there.  Rich likes to do steady hard pulls.  Craig likes to sprint for stop ahead signs.  So, more hard pulls and sprints.  Craig is riding well and he beat me on a few sprints.  It was a fun weekend.

Coming up is one more week of Base 3.  This will be my longest week for hours.  I may be riding in the dark for some. 

No comments: