Monday, March 14, 2011

Is it Spring yet?

Almost, the time change is a good indicator that spring is right around the corner.  I believe next week.  I am doing well with my training but it is just the start of Base 3.

To recap the weekend:

Friday, started the weekend early with a long endurance ride.   The wind was pretty strong as Rich and I headed west to pick up Craig.  My schedule called for a 3hr ride but ended up with a bit more time in the saddle.  I did what I needed to do... stay in Zone 1 & 2. 

Saturday, I meet a bunch of people north of town to do hill repeats.  I did one warm up hill on Mckinly up to 72nd then back to Hiway 75 for longer steeper hills.  I worked two hills and I was somewhat disappointed that I couldn't get my HR up into my zone 5a.  It was a force workout so I was focusing more on getting the burn in my quads.  I got that for sure.   On the "Surfside" hill I definatly got both the burn and up to Zone 5a.  A couple times into the wind I used the wind on the flat roads as my hill to get the desired affect.  Anyway, Force workout... check.

Sunday, I had spin class then a 3hr endurance ride.  Check.  I pushed it into my Zone 4 a couple times.  Which I am not happy with but I am getting better at controlling my urge to take off with the group.

This week is Base 3 week 2.  More of the same.  Adding about 3 more hours to the weekly time in the saddle.   I am pretty much done in the gym. 

No comments: