Monday, February 9, 2009

Woo Hoo

This weekend was great! Record temps, I needed the outside riding goodness.

Friday Craig and I headed out on a 3hr endurance ride. For the most part we stuck to the zone 2 workout, but we pushed it for a couple sprints. He has some great top end speed. I can get him on the longer sprints though.

Saturday, I pulled out all the stops. Rigged the Pinarello for launch, ditched the winter boots and armadillo/goo wheels. Met "The Bike Way" boys for a ride. The plan for me was to do hill intervals HR can be zone 1 - 4. The hills weren't very long so I would work hard through a couple hills. Then rest for a couple minutes and then hit the next two. It felt good to open up the lungs after months of base training. I am not as slow as I thought I was.


Sunday, back down to a endurance ride for 3hrs. Even though the temps were still fine, there were not many cyclist on the rode. I did see Dave Rodgers on the way back from Ft. Calhoun. I will have to race him if he and I do masters races. UGH!! Oh well new motivation to train smarter.

No comments: