Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's a start

Base 3 workouts started for me today. First thing to tackle was Cruise intervals. Three to Five intervals 6 - 12min long working hard building to zone 4/5a. My goal for this workout was to get 30min in these zones.

I did a total of four intervals.

Interval One - was 7min and the toughest. I had to work very hard to pull myself out of zone 1 into zone 4. I touched zone 5a for a few seconds. My form wasn't pretty either. I was all over my bike.

Interval Two - another 7min better. Since my HR was comfortable in zone 2 for the rest period it wasn't so hard to get up to my target zones. Again I labored to keep my HR into zone 4/5a.

Interval Three - 8min now that's a cruise interval. I got up to zone 4 within the first minute and hovered around 172bpm HR for most of the interval. I had some time to experiment lifting my effort to 175 and then back down.

Interval Four - 8min last one! Got the HR up to the appropriate zones quickly and was able to maintain a HR at 174 for a couple minutes.

All in all a good workout. I did what I needed to do. Next!!

Next is weights tonight. My focus for weights will be to drop the weight on the hip sled increase the reps and go for more burn. I have been doing 3 set 4 by 630lbs but I am not getting very much range of motion. Also, it is just tough on my knees. So I am going to back it down to 540lbs... get full range of motion then go to failure on that.

No comments: