Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cruise Intervals

Another round of Cruise intervals was in store for me today. Since the first interval last week was really tough I took a full 20 minutes to warm up to zone 2. It was still hard to get my HR up to zone 5a. I did another 7min interval and then two 8min interval (this was last weeks workout). I did a final 10min interval. This last interval was actually very easy. There was very little effort to bump my HR up to 168bpm and from there I ramped it up to 175bpm.

I noticed some improvement over last week. I was able to stay in the aero position longer and it was easier to stay in zone 2 for recovery. I think I have my LT dial in at 172 plus or minus a beat. 170 is hard but I can maintain that for quite awhile. When my HR hits 173bpm my breathing is heavier.

I am happy to see my weight go in the right direction... 193.8lbs. I seem to be losing about .5lbs a week. Next week I want to see 192.*lbs.

Weights again tonight. Same routine as last week.

No comments: