Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Toast

Yeah, I had some for breakfast but that is not the toast that I am talking about.  My body, it's toast, I'm tired, and have little energy. 

My body is toast because of lifting weights last night.  I up'ed the weights on my squats and pushed hard on the concentric (lifting portion) of the squat.  When I had to do the leg presses, my legs were done and I stopped short of all my reps.  Some good news... I cranked out 3 sets of 2 full chinups. 

Tired because I woke up early this morning.  I could have slept in this morning.  I woke up at 4:30 because I was hungry.

No energy because I have been trying to scrub off all my Christmas fat and turn myself into a climber.  Hah, that is not happenin.

Nothing that a recovery day won't fix.  Will I take a recovery day... sorta.  I am doing a mellow LSD ride.  As recommended for weight lose in this training tip I am going to keep my HR below 70% HR Max.  That is 134bpm for me.  My normal cruising HR is about 150bpm. 

Also, I am picking a tame route.  From Midtown>Ft. Calhoun>Blair and beyond.  Not very many hills.  I have done several 4- 5hr ride so the duration shouldn't be too bad.  The weather will be cooperating.  It looks like the winds will be shifting from the South to the North while I am on the ride.  So If I head straight North, I should have a tail wind both ways.

No comments: