Thursday, February 10, 2011

No Junk Miles

Yesterday the schedule called for a 3:30hr of endurance riding (LSD).  The plan was to do 1:00hr in the morning before work and then 2:30hrs after work.   That plan didn't work out... I was rudely called about midnight for a problem at work.  Not good when you have your alarm set from 4:30am.  No problem.  I will just leave work early and do a trainer ride.

I spent the day thinking about how the trainer ride would go down.  I would say to myself.  Just do 2hrs that would be good enough.  Ok 3hrs... I can do 3hrs no problem.  3:30hrs, that would be great!!  or Just get on the damn bike, see what you got!

Thats what I did.  When I got home I didn't stop to think or watch TV.  I put on my workout clothes, got my water bottles and hit it.  The first 30min flew and the next 1:30hrs went well.  It was a chore into hour 3.  I still held on to doing 3:30hrs.  After riding through the 3hr mark, I was relieved and told myself just to cruise for another 30min.  I was drained... mentally definatly, physically maybe.  I relized that I wasn't doing much so I envoked the "No Junk Miles" rule and pulled the plug.

Today, I will be doing some speed work.  High cadence stuff with moderate intensity.

No comments: