Monday, February 14, 2011

Spring Fever?

I have a touch of it but I don't think we are out of the woods yet.  What that means to me is that I will still be on the trainer most of the time.  Spring really starts for me when the time changes.

With that said it does feel like spring.   I was able to get out both Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday I met a bunch of guys at Rick's Boatyard for a early morning ride.  It was still below freezing so there was a bunch of icy spots.  It looked like a couple guys were just itching to test their legs so Dan went off the front with them.  I stayed back with the second group.  I was amazed at how easy it was to keep in my zone 2 on the road.  When I am on the trainer it takes a little effort to stay in zone 2.   After a quick stop in Ft. Calhoun we headed back down Hiway 75.  Since I had skipped my Force workout Friday, I decided it was ok to do a modest attack on the rolling hills.  It felt good to jump up to zone 4 a few times.   I rode approximatly 3hrs with the guys and then headed out on my own for an hour.  Overall, it was just over a 4hr ride and 59 miles. 

Sunday was another great Feburary day.  After an hour in spin class I rushed over to Elkhorn to meet a group for a ride.  It was amazing to see all the peeps that showed up.  I kept it pretty mellow staying in zone 2 most of the time.  There were a couple points where I decided to do slow acceleration off the group.  I knew Craig and a couple others would get on my wheel.  I was happy with my sustained speed from this hard effort.  I tried to ride the guys off my wheel but couldn't.  When I was at my limit Craig and Cole went off to contest the sprint.  Another good ride approximatly 35miles.  With spin class I had a total of 3:15hrs for the day.

For the week, I logged 14:30hrs a little less than what was scheduled.  I think it was a good week I did three 3+hrs rides and a tempo ride.  I mixed in my Force ride with my endurance ride on Sat.  The only thing missing was weight lifting.  I skipped that altogether.

Next week will be a bit more.  I am scheduled to do 2 4:30hr rides.  I think I will be taking 1/2 off work on Wednesday to do my mid week long ride.  I am doing my weight routine tonight and hopefully I can work in one more this week.

No comments: