Tuesday, February 8, 2011

So it begins

Officially Base 2 week 1 began yesterday but it was a planned rest day.  So, in my mind I started Base 2 this morning with a 90minute trainer ride.

According to Joe Friel's bible, you get to work harder into your tempo zones.   This is a nice change from the monotonous Aerobic endurance rides.  So this morning I did a Muscle endurance ride.  Total time was 90minutes.  In that was 30mins of lower cadence, tempo riding.   Since I don't have a HR monitor, I don't know if I got the zone right.  My main focus was to keep tension on my legs.

While I was riding this morning, I was thinking about the races that I picked for this year.  Both the Joe Martin and Cascade classic have a lot of climbing.  How am I going to similate race conditions here in Nebraska?  For Joe Martin there are rolling hills.  Longer in comparison to hills around here.  There are some hills in Iowa that are close. 

The Cascade classic has mountains.  I am thinking that I will have to seek out windy days to similate the effort of climbing.  That or take a weekend trip up to Colorado.  Hmmmm.

No comments: