Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Update

After unplanned rest day on Friday, I was ready to do some training this weekend.  Saturday I was at the Bike Rack with about 30 other peeps.  It was a very motivating sight.   I wish the people for Live Well Omaha could see that there are people in Omaha that are very health oriented.  I lead them through a virtual Time Trial.  A hilly one at that.  We would grind up a hill for one song and then do some high cadence work down the back side of the hill.  We had a solid 35 minutes of Zone 4 work.  After about an hour, most people left but a few of us racers stayed for another hour.  Time goes by quick when you are with friends.

Later that day I headed to the gym for some weight training.  I was motivated to start the next 2 week phase of weights.  This phase has the same excersizes but more sets and fewer reps.  For example, last week I was doing 3sets of 6 squats and now it is 5 sets of 5 squats.  Since I was loosing some form last week at 165, I didn't up the weight for the squats.

Sunday I lead the spining class at my gym for an hour and then back to bike race for another 90minutes on the training.  The group had put up some Lance Documentary and I watched some of it.  I mostly was head down doing my high cadence Aerobic Endurance workout.  I was going good but ran out of steam about 1:15 minutes into it.  I spun another 5min and then got off the bike.  NO JUNK MILES right?

I had a good week but I feel like it is not enough.   I have to re-assess my training plan.  I don't know if I will be ready for Joe Martin.

No comments: