Monday, January 24, 2011

Before the Storm

Saturday, I was able to get outside to ride before the snow storm.  At 19 degrees the tempurature was relativly warm. 

To make a long story short I was able to ride for approx 4hrs.  This was perhaps my longest ride in 5 months.   It felt good to get off the trainer.  I like the "Bar Mitts" that I had on the bike but they were almost too warm.  I wore some lighter weight gloves but still had to pull my hands out of the bar mitts to cool them down.  I did notice one issue with the mitts... you are pretty much locked down to one hand position.  This is a problem for longer rides.  My back was getting a little cranky from riding on the hoods. 

So, the final numbers on last week were ~14hrs of training and 183miles.  This next weeks schedule calls for more training time.  I can handle a little more time but am going to focus on getting more sleep in order to get more quality time on the bike.

No comments: