Monday, January 10, 2011

Another update

Although I would like to get in more aerobic endurance time on the bike, I have been doing well with strength workouts and my Muscle Endurance workouts.

Last week I did a couple Muscle Endurance workout on Tuesday, and Sunday.  I add 15 minutes each week.  I try to keep the cadence down to below 85rpms so I have nice tension on my quads.   Yesterday I did a 30min warmup to my Zone 2 (~150bpm) before I started.  This made it very easy, to elevate my HR to 160+bpm.  The 45minutes was hard but very sustainable, I am ready to move up to 60min next week.

Also, last week I did two sessions weight lifting.  I know it doesn't sound like much but I was able to squat 135lbs.  That is the bar plus two 45lb plates.  This week I will shoot for another set of 10lb plates.  My goal is to squat 225lbs with good form.

Friday night I had a bonus workout.  I met Rich out in Benson to do the Greenstreet sprints.  I did not do the tournament but I did challange some other guys.  To win a sprint it is all about leg speed, there is very little resistance.  The forks of the bike that you ride have their forks mounted, and the back wheel sits on rollers.  So when they say good, you just pedal as fast as you can.  It was amazing to watch Kyle and Lucas give it all they got.  I suppose they were well over 200rpm. 

I did challenge Rich.  We tied downed to the 1000ths of a second (although, the computer said I won).  We had a rematch and he got me pretty good.  Oh well it was fun.  I will count that as a Power/Speed work workout.

Next week I am going to bump up my Muscle Endurance workout time to 60min.  Also, I need to do more time in the saddle with more Aerobic Endurance rides of 2+hrs.

No comments: