Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Training Program - Redoux

I wasn't feeling to good about my training to date.  I had some good weeks and some bad but nothing really consistant.  This weekend I did some recalculating.  I have the same overall goals but have to pick another race to do my peaking.  Like something in June, or July.

For now,  I have a plan laid out.  So now by the power of the pencil, I am in Base 1 wk 2 AGAIN this week.  Why start at Base 1 wk 2?  In the context of the training plan from the Joe Friel's Training bible and a 650hr Annual Training plan, I am ready for Base 1 wk 2.  I have been riding ~12hrs a week for several weeks.  Also, some easier riding will allow me to focus on my weight.  That is where I am really struggling.  Let's just say, that I have a lot of "Dead Meat" on me.  So it is another couple weeks of mostly Aerobic Endurance rides.  I may throw in some Tempo rides.

I planned to ride a lot outside on the weekends, probably mostly on my single speed.  Not to show how tough I am but just to get off the trainer.  Nothing kills your training Mojo like a 3+hrs ride on the trainer.  I bought a Giro Snowboard helmet which is perfect for cold temps.  It has vents on the top that you can open and close.  It has attached liner pads come down over your ears.  I may buy a Pearl Izumi P.R.O series jacket too and I already have some Bar Mitts.  They work well.

The Pinarello is getting work done too.   I am replacing my compact crank with a standard one... along with a new chain and rear cluster.  Until then I will be using "Blue" my '99 Trek 5200 and my Single speed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Peaking just in time for the Norfolk Classic!