Monday, January 19, 2009

Taking it to the Streets

Friday night according to schedule I did some hill work on the trainer. I did about 10 sets of 3min hills with 3min rest in between. For each hill I allowed my HR to climb up to zone4.

Saturday, I took a little break to get some housework done. I still was able to workout for an hour in spin class. I needed some rest/recovery from the hill work.

Sunday, I was able to get back outside again and I took full advantage of it. I knew that I was going to get at least 4hrs of riding. The neighborhood street were still snowy so I decided to take out the SS(Single Speed). From my house I headed North on Radial Hwy and then 75 to Blair. The hills were a struggle with the SS but I tried to stay seated for all. I felt pretty good into Blair so I kept going North toward Herman. To make a long story short, I was able to get 5:30hrs of riding time. I had good power for about 4:00hrs. After that I was in the "just get it done" mode.

It was another good week. I was able to get all my BT (breakthrough) workouts done.
BT 1) Tempo 35min 2) Hills 10x 3min x 3min 3) Long Ride 5:30hrs
On the downside I only lifted weights one day.

I have one more work week of 18.5hrs then it is a recovery week. It will be tough to get all the hours. I am going to try but my main focus will be on the BT workouts. I need to get a 50min tempo ride, more hills and a 4:30hr Long ride.

2 comments:

munsoned said...

Holy crap! Five and a half hours on a single speed? I'm very impressed. The 2nd hill I would take on a SS would kill me. Looks like your power is coming along nicely.

Joe said...

I am paying for it today. Luckily it is a rest day for me. I tried to make it out to ride with you guys Saturday but I couldn't get there.