Thursday, January 15, 2009

Speed work Thursdays

I was schedule for 90min but didn't drag myself out of bed 'till 5:30. I considered skipping the workout entirely but I knew how much I would regret it.

I climbed on the bike for a hour. I did 3 sets of isolated leg drills. Each rep included pedaling with one leg for a minute then switching to the other leg for a minute. Times 3. I could keep my pedal action smooth for about 40 sec. After that it got sloppy. Also, I could only get my cadence up to about 83rpm. So there are a couple things I can improve.

Tonight I am going to do more speed work with Spin ups. Another 90min. UGH!! Tomorrow will be nice because I only have to spend an hour in the saddle. I hope I have the energy to get an effective hill workout.

4 comments:

Dan said...

Keep up the great work Joe, it will pay off this season. Speaking of this NE race season, looks pretty slim. Are you planning on going out of state for any races?

Dan Schuldt

Joe said...

Hey Dan.... hope things are going well for you. I do plan on racing a bunch in KS. The Spring fling(Crit) and Perry Dam races(RR) are fun. They happen about every weekend in march. Tour of KC in August for sure. I am up for just about anything... wife permitting :)

Dan said...

Have been hitting it pretty hard. Not doing any tri's this year just bike, so might be in better bike shape right now than I was all last year. Going to scottsdale this weekend for 4 long days of riding. I plan on doing several races down in KS, we'll have to line things up. Are you planning on racing masters or regular cat?

Joe said...

Not sure yet. On some crits I don't have to decide I can do both. It is nice having the option. If we went down to a race together I would ride as a master.