Saturday, November 1, 2008

Still going

Still keeping up with the diet. I am not counting calories... Yet. Still in the clean up phase. The Blue Line Latte was not part of the clean up, oops! Otherwise it has been protein and fruits & veggies.

Spinning class was a lot of heavy resistance and high heart rate. Had fun with that.

It was such a nice day I stayed out for more than the prescribed hours. One thing I noticed during the ride is that 100rpm cadence is very comfortable. Towards the end the ride 95 was the cadence of choice. 95 - 100rpm is getting to be my new normal.

Also, keeping my HR in my zone 2 was difficult while I was keeping the cadence high. Now I can comfortable keep the HR in the upper part of zone two. I am still concerned about my avg speed. I want to be able cruise at 20mp while keeping my HR in zone2.

Ride Stats -
1) Spinning class 59min, avg HR 151
2) duration 2:41, distance 45, avg spd 16.8, avg hr 140, avg Cad 92

1 comment:

munsoned said...

Average speed is supposed to go down at this point of training. Once you build up power with lifting and on-bike strength building, you will see a significant jump in cruising speed. It just takes time. Your muscles will be stronger, then after you stress your aerobic system enough with high intensity intervals, 20mph will feel like a cake walk. But that is only needed during the race season, not in the winter. Keep on, keepin on and you'll be fine.