Thursday, November 13, 2008

A thin line

I almost stayed in bed this morning. I laid(sp?) in bed contemplating whether to get up and ride or not. I got up. I took it slow... no pressure on myself. Started up the coffee maker and did some morning chores.

It was 39degrees when I left. I'll take it...pretty nice for Nov. in Nebraska. Cruised through a head wind heading south on the keystone.

I spent about 45min in my zone2, and about 10min above zone2. I am liking that. I am very happy with the average cadence. The avg speed is no fun.

Ride stats-
duration 1:35hr, distance 20mi, avg speed 13.6*, avg HR 139, avg Cad 93

* luggage rack & bag attached

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Allright, I have been holding off saying anything but I think this needs to be said:

Stop worrying about your average speed. Forget it. Work within your zones, and concentrate on your fitness. Speed is influenced by so many things that don't matter in the off-season.

SO there, flame me back as necessary.

Joe said...

Yeah but it is hard. I do good to forget about mileage and avg speed but when I record it I can't help to think about it.

bryan said...

best way to forget -- get a computer that's so unfamiliar you don't even know where the speed display is.