Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It is going to be a long winter

Tuesday Night -
After much stalling, I climbed on my bike last night. I tried mentally breaking up my 2hr ride into two 1hr rides. I wasn't successful. The thought of doing one long hour to be only half way kept creeping into mind.

It took about 20minutes to raise my heart rate to zone 2. For 30 minutes after, I had to really focus to keep it my heart rate there. Then there was a period that I was comfortable. I gave myself a small break about 1:20hr into the ride. The last half hour I put myself back into zone 2 for 20min and then cooled down for the last 10min. Yay! it was over.

My Cad and HR numbers for this ride looked similar to a ride on the rode. So I was happy with that.

Wednesday Morning -
Spin class we did a lot of Muscle endurance work climbing hills and long intervals. My HR went into zone 5 several times.


(Tues/Wed)Ride stats-
duration 2:00hr, avg HR 136, avg Cad 94, Zone2 time 1:10min
Spin, 1:00hr, avg HR 140, Zone1 time 0:29hr, Zone2 0:12hr, Zone2+ 23 time

No comments: