Sunday, November 9, 2008

Today's Ride, weekly stats, and next week goals

Today I was on my own for my 3hr ride. Layers were the key to staying warm. I had several. I broke out the neoprene face mask for the first time to keep my face warm. As always I was a little chilled starting out but after the first few minutes I was comfortably warm. I set out on the usually Sunday 3hr course. Start at Wehrspan, then south to Ashland, east to Louisville, and back north to Wehrspan.

Most of the ride I had good focus. For my HR I try and keep it between 137 & 149 and my cadence I shoot for 95 - 105 rpm. The last 45min I got tired. I was in the "Gett'r done" mode. That's when my cadence drops and it is hard to keep the HR in the desired zone. My avg speed dropped significantly because I added a bike rack. I don't like recording my distance or speed anymore!

Ride Stats-
duration 3:00hrs, distance 42.5, avg spd 14.2, avg HR 134, avg cad 88

I finished up the week a bit short of my time goals. I am happy with the results though with the weather turning colder. I still did a 3 hour ride and was within 1hr of the time goals.

Weekly stats-
duration 11:19min, distance 95.4mi, avg spd 14.0mph, avg HR 133, avg Cad 86

Next weeks goals-
Get Training Bible log book, complete 3hr ride, complete 2 weight sessions, weight 196

8 comments:

munsoned said...

Join us for a Shabbos +1 ride so we can suffer in the cold together. Next weekend will be Cranksgiving on Saturday, so an easy spin on Sunday would be nice.

Don't worry about average speeds. Bob and I did our Great Wabash Trace Adventure and averaged probably 10-12mph. We were hauling a bunch of camping crap. The hills were not steep at all, just miles (literally) of 1% or 2% grades. That starts to wear on you after a while.

Joe said...

That sounds good. What time 8:30 at Crane Coffee?

munsoned said...

We might start at 8am. Well, Bryan may or may not make it. Cranksgiving is no small feat to put on, so we'll see how amped he is to go on a wee 3 hour jaunt. We could maybe entice him by us riding up there to meet him, then he would only be out for a couple hours.

Bryan, you reading this?

bryan said...

Only three hours?

Joe said...

I could possible bump it up to 4hrs. I haven't started my training like Bryan. Don't let me hold you back, I know my way around. I will hang with you guys for awhile and turn back when I had enough.

bryan said...

joe -- 4 hours is more fun. And you started your training about three weeks before me. I just started writing things down yesterday.

Joe said...

Next week is my official start of training. I can do 4hrs no problem but it is not part of my prep training plan.

bryan said...

ah, see -- I just figured all of the stuff I was doing was enough prep. I weigh the same or less than I did during the season, and I've been running and such. Close enough. Time to get on with it.