Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yeah but it was a Warm Wind

Did some after work riding last night with Craig.   I was going to go out alone but talked to Craig at the last minute to come out with me.

We met at Wehrspan Lake.  I got there early and was able to do "The Loop" three times.   The loop is a loop at the park that is about a mile long... one side you climb the other you decend.  It makes for great interval training.

Once Craig arrived we headed out to Gretna down 370.   My training plan called for a force workout which mean hills with a low cadence.  That is what I got.  For the next 1:30hr we muscled up the hills and into a brutal south wind.  I didn't mind... it felt good to not be wearing my winter garb. We rolled along past "The Flying J" and down to Buffalo Road.  I was done at Buffalo Road but Craig still wanted to keep thing lively.

We got back to HiWay 50... now for the fun part.  The tail wind.  We needed the tailwind because it was getting dark and we still had 10miles to ride home.

All in all I got a force workout.  My legs feel properly stressed as if I lifted yesterday.  I believe Craig go a good Aerobic/Anerobic workout too. He is climbing well!!

Tonight it is off to Bike Masters for a aerobic endurance ride? Right... we will see if that happens.

No comments: