Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring! Wait for it, Wait for it...

We are almost there with daylight savings time coming up this weekend.  The group rides are getting bigger the days are getting longer.  The Pinnarello is up from the Bike Cave ready to ride!

I had a pretty good week last week although some of my workouts were shortened overall I stayed with the plan.  The highlight of the week was Saturdays ride.  It was a fast group ride North to Ft Calhoun via Omaha trace road and then back through the Boyer Chute area to the steep hills on 60th street.  For the first time this year I was able to hold a race pace for about 15min on the rolling hills of the Omaha Trace road.  Then again a steady pace on the flats by Boyer Chute.  My last hard efforts were on the steep hills of 60th St.

Sunday it was another group ride down to Schramm park and back North.  This time we only did 53mi

This week the training continues with the final work week of Build 3.  The weather looks rainy so I may have to do most my training inside.

Saturday, I am driving down to Lawernce, KS for on of the Spring Fling training crits.  I plan on doing the Master's crit at 11:00 and then the 3/4 crit later.  This will be good training for me.  It should improve my top end fitness and give me solid crit practice with 20- 30 other guys.   Also, I have no clue how fit I am so it will be good to get in the mix with other riders again.  The plan is to stay out of trouble... push hard stay with the group and stay safe.

No comments: