Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wiped out

After doing the cruise intervals in the morning I was wiped out. In the evening my HR was still high. So I skipped the evening trainer work out and I went to bed early. Yesterday raised an interesting question. It only took me about an hour to do the Cruise interval workout. What do I do with the rest of the scheduled 3hrs? The Training Bible doesn't really say. I suppose next week I will save my cruise interval workout for the evening and do a tempo or an aerobic workout in the morning.

This morning I felt better and was able to ride the Spin bike for an easy 2hr workout. Tonight more of the same.

3 comments:

bryan said...

While intensity for cruise intervals is high, the workout duration is only supposed to be medium. I do them as part of a 1.5- or 2-hour workout. Usually 1.5, since I do about an hour's worth of intervals after warming up for 20 minutes or so.

Joe said...

Yep.. that was a medium day for me. My schedule is based off of 700hrs so my build period has a couple 4hr days and a couple 3hr days. I just have to plan my effort better.

munsoned said...

Wow Joe, that's some ambitious hours you're putting in. I didn't keep strict count of my training hours, but I don't think I ever went above 500 hours for a year.

It sounds like you're keeping a close eye on your health and adjusting your schedule accordingly. Just make sure before your important races to take it crazy easy. Like 3-4 days completely off the bike the previous week before an A race.