Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cruise Intervals - My favorite!

Not really my favorite but I did them. Last night I was going to ride outside from work but I forgot my shoes. So I had to go home. I spent some time looking for my headlight charger but could not find it.

I was running out of time for a longer ride and the thought of riding the trainer was very unappealing to me. I felt like skipping the workout but decided to hop on the trainer instead.

The intervals went well. The first 2 intervals I fell short of the desired 6min. This happens no matter how much I warm up. I think the next time I do intervals, I will do a couple efforts into zone 4 before I start my interval workout. The 3rd interval I was right at 6min and mid zone 4. Then I did 2 more efforts that were 7min long and I was able to hit zone 5a for a bit on the last one. Finished out the 1:30hrs back down in zone 2.

I wanted to go longer but had to teach spinning early in the morning.

Stats - Avg HR 149, Max HR 178, KCals 1270, Duration 1:30hrs, Z4 time 23min

No comments: