Monday, November 15, 2010

This weekend

It was a busy week outside my world of biking.  That is ok it is better to get things done.  When the real training starts I will not have so many interuptions. 

Outside this weekend, I only rode Monday for a fun 20 mile ride down the Wabash at night.  That was it for the work week.  No Gym.  No Trainer.  No Running.  So Saturday, I was ready to ride.  I went out for a ride to Ft Calhoun on my Single Speed.  I wanted to take my older road bike but didn't want to deal with cleaning it.  

I think it took almost 2hrs to ride 20mile North into the wind.  I finally made it to the gas station in Ft Calhoun.  Since I wasn't in a hurry,  I sat down and sampled the chili.  Not bad.  On the way back I was cruising with the wind at a fairly good speed.  I didn't have a computer but I believe the ride was 3hrs long and about 45 miles.  I had a avg HR of 124bpm.

Sunday was another chilly day with temps in the upper 30s to low 40s.  I meet some of my teammates at the park in Elkhorn. Since it was dryer I brought out my old Road bike.  I was able to get another 3:30hrs of riding in on Sunday.  Zone 2 effort with High cadence 95+rpms.

No comments: