Friday, November 5, 2010

First week

In this first week of training I am progressing through all the planned workouts.  Getting started is the easy part... we will see how I feel 3 - 4 weeks from now.  When the newness of starting over wears done.   I can't think about that now.  I have plenty of energy and will take it day by day.

Wednesday night I went out for a 1.5hr ride.  The focus of the ride was to maintain a very high cadence.  Consulting my computer after my average cadence was 99 with a max of 129.  It is hard to tell after one workout but I already feel my pedal efficiency getting better.  After spinning at 110rpms for a few minutes 100rpms felt comfortable.

Thursday night was a 2.0hr ride.  This was an Aerobic Endurance ride which includes a comfortable high cadence and HR in zone two.  Base miles.  Base miles are pretty boring.

As far as the weather goes?  Yes, with temps in the 50s & 40s it is chilly to be on the bike and both night were fairly windy.   Thinking about the months to come, I'll call it good weather.

Today, I am going to substitute a 1hr recovery bike ride with  a 4mi run.   It should take less than an hour but I am going to round up.

And I almost forgot... I get to ride a Pinarello Dogma tomorrow.  Dave at the Bike Master's is going to let me take one out for the Group ride Saturday morning.  I hope he doesn't think I am going to buy it!!  There is no way I can afford it.

No comments: