Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Met an Old Friend

I didn't want to deal with any wet, icy, or cold conditions this morning so I pulled up my trainer from the basement

The schedule called for an aerobic workout for 1:30hrs.  I made it over the 1:00hr hump but could only force myself to ride another 15 minutes.  At this point I was happy just to get my happy butt up at 5:00 to climb on the trainer.  I am going to finish the day with a 4mile run.

I had forgotten how hard it was to get started on morning workouts.  Or maybe it is the trainer.  It seems that when I ride outside that I can maintain a higher HR usually around 145bpm.  On the road that is comfortable.  I can still talk to people and maintain that HR without thinking.  On the trainer, that same percieved effort happens when my HR is about 135bpm. 

No comments: