Friday, November 19, 2010

Outside

Yes, I stole that title from the Algomaha blog.   I have riding cloths to ride outside comfortably down to 20 degrees.  I have had some of my most enjoyable rides outside in the fall/winter  and some of my most memorable (not in a good way).

Anyway, I wasn't able to get out Wednesday so I was extra motivated to complete yesterdays plan.  I jogged 3.5miles at lunch.  I have no clue what kind of pace I have been running.  It must be 10min/mi pace or slower but it is fast enough to get my heart rate up to my zone 2.  I usually walk up steeper hills.   I walk because I want to keep my HR down.

After work last night, I headed straight out the door for a ride.  I did my normal airport route of about 22miles.  I kept the cadence in the 95+ rpm range.  I felt pretty good and kept up a good speed considering the wind.  It is nice riding around the airport.  There is very little traffic.   Also, the road is lit up so I can see the display on my HR monitor.  Ride duration was 1:35hrs. 

Today, I am heading for the gym for my first weights workout.  The workout will include leg excersizes and core excersizes with a lot of reps. 

2 comments:

Marc Walter said...

The winter of '93 Dave Randleman and myself fixed up a couple road frames, fixie style, and hit the backside of the airport. It was an unusually warm winter.

Keep up the good work.

Joe said...

Hey Marc, I saw your comment on Bryan's blog and I agree with you on the benefits of climbing on the trainer. I like to have the option to do either. I know deep in the heart of winter, I won't have the outside option so I get out every chance I get.