Monday, November 8, 2010

Had a good weekend

Got to get to work so this will be quick.

Test rode a Pinarello Dogma.  Truthflully I didn't think there would be much difference between my Pinarello F3:13 and the Dogma or I maybe I'm not skilled enough to notice any difference.  There were a couple things I noticed.  1 - the bike is solid.  It is hard to describe but my bike feels rigid in the bottom bracket area.  The Dogma not flex at all it feels solid all over.  This was really evident when I sprinted from the pack to chase Scott T.  When I sprint I am use to leaning back to prevent the back wheel from bounceing.  The dogma stayed planted firmly on the ground.  Secondly, it is smooth.   Saturday there was a nice tailwind, and was able to cruz at 30mph.  The bike tracked great.

I would really love to hop on at comparable Trek bike to compare an contrast.

So, I did about a 45mile ride on Saturday.  It was definatly a group ride and not my scheduled training ride.  And sunday another 40 mile group ride.  I need to ge more disciplined with my rides.

This is suppose to be my off day but since the weather is nice I am going out for a short ride.  Another prep week is on the agenda.  Need to figure out when I can get into the gym to start weight training.

No comments: