Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Is this thing ON?

Yes it has been awhile since I have blogged anything.  Anyway after a couple of months of "hit and miss" riding I am ready to get down to business with a plan.

What is the plan? It is pretty much the same as last year.  Hopefully it does not get inturrepted by any crashes.  Last year I scheduled myselt to 650hrs, according to the Friel Bible that is in the middle of the recommended number of hours for a cat 3 rider.  The longest training week is Base 3 with 19hrs.  19hrs is a bit aggressive for me but maintaining 14-16hrs is not bad.

The first "A" race is the same as last year.  It is the Joe Martin Stage Race in early May.  I am in the Preparation Phase now.   Base training does not start until the first week of December.  So for November, I am going to do some cross training (running), some work in the gym, and outside riding. 

So, this week is the first week of the training plan. As usual, I took Monday off.  Yesterday I wanted to ride but ended up running.  I felt pretty good for the run but kept the mileage down to 3.8miles.  That is twice as long as my longest run this season.  We will have to see how my body reacts to the extra mileage.  Today I am going to get out on a ride.  It will probably be dark.  Tonight schedule ride is a pedal effeciency ride for 1.5hrs.  It takes some concentration but I can easily maintain 100rpm cadence.  There will be some intervals of 110+rpms.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, 650 hours is a ton. Good luck to you.

Speaking of Friel, what is his recommendation for Cat 4?