Sunday, February 28, 2010

First Build week

Looks like I have to go back to Thurdays to catch up my blog.

Thursday PM workout = Did a aerobic SE interval workout.  The plan was to do 5 x 3 - 6 min intervals, intesity up to zone 5b.  The workout description also states that if you are unable to reach zone 5b in the first 3 time that I was not ready and to stop ( in small print.. joe you are a weeny boy).  I am a sucker for a challenge was determine to get that zone 5b.  I hit zone 5b on the second/third/forth.  It was very hard.   I willed myself trough the 4th one but there was no energy for a fifth.

Friday - climbed on the trainer again for a 1:30hr endurance ride.

Saturday - 1hr spin class in the morning.  Did over/under drills around LT.  Then did a 2:00hr ride in the afternoon.  I was suppose to do a group ride but was riding alone.  So, I treated like a group ride in the hills on Q street and Cruise intervals on the flat roads by two rivers.  After that I did 4 x 20sec power intervals at the Omaha Gold sprint competition.  I had to race Brian Tangen. We both pulled our feet out of the pedals but he was able to clip in faster.  I definatly went anaerobic in all the sprint intervals.

Sunday... went out at non with Pat Cash and Tim( a triathlete).  It was very tough not to chase Tim down when he took off up the hills.  I road with them for 2hrs then rode a couple on my own.  61mi total today

Next week just like this week .... rinse, repeat

No comments: