Monday, February 22, 2010

It's Build Time

Last week was the last week of my Base Building phase.  Twelve weeks of a lot of time in my Endurance zones, zone 2 & zone 3.  With some short trips up into zone 4.

I feel good and have definatly gained some speed.   According to my training schedule I do a 30min fitness test every 4 weeks at the end of my rest week.   Throughout the base period I have increase the mileage covered in that 30min. 

Here are my last 3 tests:
3) 9.2mi (18.3mph)
2) 8.9mi (17.8mph)
1) 7.7mi (15.4mph)

I feel fast but really have no clue how fast I am.   I need to ride with peeps to get a better idea. 

So taking inventory of the last 12 weeks.  My speed is going up,  I easily do an 1:30hrs in tempo, and long 4hr rides are no problem.  Things to work on - Hill climbing, loosing weight, and time in my upper zones.  Still a lot of work to do.

No comments: