Saturday, February 13, 2010

End of the Week

Friday night, I did a 3:00hr ride... I began my trainer ride watching the Olympics but was not able to keep my focus.  So, 1:30hrs into the ride I put in my earphones to get my effort higher.  Still, I pretty much stayed in zone 1 with average HR of 128bpm.

Saturday,  had a great spinning class.   We started off with normal warmup and some intervals to get primed.  The last half of class we did some Power intervals 3 x 3min "full on" hard efforts. 

Next up, I met Rich for a ride in the hills on Hwy 75.  It was hard to let Rich get ahead of me up the hills but I wanted to stay focused on my form.  I tried to stayed smooth and relaxed in my upper body and minimize my rocking.  The past couple of hill workouts I concentrated on getting my HR up to the top of zone 4. This time my focus was concerned with applying as much force as possible on the pedals.  My legs are very sore... this is a good thing.   I still need a lot of help on the hills. 

No comments: