Thursday, December 3, 2009

Wednesday Ride

Left work at noon and was on the road at 12:30. I am starting, more and more, to dig into my winter clothes. I broke out heavy weight amfib pants, winter boots, balaclava, and facemask.

From my office I headed North up the trail a bit and then took blondo to 192nd St. back North into the wind. I made it up to Elk City then West for a few then South through valley, through Venice, and back down to Q street. Forty Seven miles all together.

This was an endurance ride so my average speed was very low. I had good energy for the first 2hrs. It was easy to stay in my zone 2. After two hours it took a lot of focus to stay there. With about 45min left to ride I let my effort fall to a comfortable level which was a few beats below my zone 2. For 3:30hrs I had an avg HR of 140bpm. I am ok with that.

Rode for 1:30hrs this morning. More Zone 2 work... fun fun!!

No comments: