Monday, December 14, 2009

Glorious Rest Days

Mondays are my rest day. No Spinning, no trainer, and no weights.

I had a good weekend. I did not make it to the gym Friday night so after an hour spin class on Saturday, I spent an hour lifting weights. After 6 of 12 sessions in the Muscle Strength phase I am at my upper limit for the hip sled. I did 4 sets of 5 reps@585lbs. According to the training bible I should stop increasing my weight and do more reps. I still have a way to go to max out for my sitting and standing rows.

Saturday afternoon I was able to get in a nap and then later I did another 2:00hrs on the trainer. I felt really good for this and was able stay in Zone 2 for over an hour.

Sunday - Again with the trainer. This workout was ugly. I took my time to get my HR to zone 2 but could not keep it there for long. I was ok with that so I decided upper zone 1 was good. At some point I fell below Zone 1. I didn't have the focus or drive anymore but for some reason I stayed on the bike for the full 3hrs. Not sure if ran out of energy or was just plain bored with the trainer.

I can't help but think about this week. It is going to be a long one but this is my last week of base 1 until the rest week. I still have to make it through 2 days of 4:00hrs. On of these days I can break up into two workout but one has to be continuous. One of my goals is to ride constantly in zone 2 for 2:30hrs. That should be challenging.

No comments: