Wednesday, December 16, 2009

No Options

I was going to get through today's 4:00hr trainer ride if it killed me ( is that an option ?). I had two goals for this ride. Do the 4:00hrs and make sure at least 2:30hrs was in Zone 2. I played it conservatively at first. Allowing myself to ramp up to Z2 and kept it on the low end of that zone.

The first 2:00hrs were long. The 3rd hour was like being in the middle of a long car drive and you just want to get to your destination. I hung out in Z2 for a good chunk of the hour 4... still feeling good. The last 0:15min felt painfully long.

In all I had 3:00hrs in Zone 2 and finished the whole 4:00hrs. My avgHR was 141 and avgCadence 92.

I fear tomorrow is going to be tough. A three hour day but I am going to break it into 1:00hr in the morning and 2:00hrs in the evening. I will do the time but not put any pressure on myself to stay in Z2.

No comments: