Thursday, December 10, 2009

Going to be a long winter...

I took Wednesday off work due to the weather. I spent most the morning removing snow from sidewalks, streets, and ally ways. Then after lunch I hopped on the trainer for a wintery ride. I was doing ok. I allowed myself to gradually get to zone 2 and I kept it there. To break up the monotony every 15 min I would stay in zone 2 but change my cadence from 80rpms to 105rpms. Coming up on 3:00hrs I had 2:00hrs in zone 2 and 1:00 in Zone 1. Then I crashed in my living room. Yep, my bike came out of the trainer. I tried to get on the bike again but I was done. I really wanted to do a 4:00hr ride, maybe Sunday.

This morning I did a two hour ride. I spent most of the time in upper zone 1 with some short intervals into zone 2. This seemed more like a recovery ride.

I hope this snow burns off so I can ride a few more times outside.

No comments: