Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Joe the Grey

I have been growing a beard since Thanksgiving weekend.   At first my wife didn't like it, said it ages me but I think she is use to it now.  It seems to help keep my face warm.  On my ride to work this morning, I only wore a skull cap on my head.  I could feel the chill of the air on my cheeks and neck.

Last nights weight lifting session went well.  I am into week three of the plan.  In week three the number of reps go down to 4 x 8reps of squats, 4 x 4 reps of Dead lifts.  With the lower reps I can increase the weight... but still no going to failure like the weight lifters.  It should feel hard but if I had to I could do another one or two more reps.   Also, I want to be careful that my form is good so I am being very conservative with the amount of weight I am pushing.  I had 105lbs for the squats and 120lbs for dead lifts. 

I rode into work today.  I will take the long way home so I can get another 2:30hrs.

No comments: