Thursday, October 15, 2009

2009 - Year in Review

I would like to take a couple minutes and look at my 2009 season.

Early Season (April, May, June) - I know I raced a bunch early but I can't remember a lot of the particulars. Some things that come to mind, I was sick for one of the Spring Fling and Perry Damn race. I was upset about that and regretting upgrading to Cat 3. I had a flat in the Bing RR. Not much to say there.

Snake Alley was painful, but I did well in the Wappello RR, & Melon City crit.

I did better in Norfolk with the RR & Crit I mixed it up in the pack but was still far from the lead guys.

Mid Season (July, August) - I was still not very competitive on the hillier races (Omaha Weekend). I did not do well in the Tour of KC races. For the 3 crits that I did I remember hanging on to the pack for the first 35-40min with my HR just 10beats below my max HR. After that my body shut me down.

Late Season (August, Sept) - Did the Sioux Falls Crit late August. I did well in the Master's Crit 3rd. In the Cat 3 crit, I stayed on the front too long and blew myself up and dropped off the pack.

State RR - I felt good with my performance there. The goal was to stay with the pack. This was not easy for me. Each time up the hill, I struggled. I was just happy to be with the group at the end.

So that is it for 2009...

What's next for 2010... I would like to do a couple NRC races... Joe Martin comes to mind. I would like to do the Cascade Classic stage race too(mid July) but I don't think that is in the cards next year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you had a banner year. The jump from 4 to 3 isn't easy. My guess is that you will be surprised at how competitive you will be in 2010.