Monday, October 19, 2009

Training Plan

I built my 2010 training plan this weekend. At least most of it. I still have to fill in the rest of the races that I want to do.

I have the plan built around the Joe Martin Stage (A races) race and another peak later in the season (say State RR!!). The Norfolk Classic, Omaha Weekend, Tour of KC and Sioux Falls Crit will be B races for me. All other races will be C races.

I worked pretty hard last year. I don't think I can train much more than I did last year, so I will have to train smarter.

What am I going to do different? The Motto for this year - consistent Training... challenging but not over the top.
1) I reduced the number of hours. My longest training week will now be 19hrs.
2) Reduced my HR zones. I will rely on them to get me close but will use RPE to get the desired training effect.
3) No more 4hr sessions on the trainer. Outside I can do 4hrs easy but it is unbearable indoors.
4) Work more in the weight room. Be very conservative, increase weights only when I can do all the reps in good form.
5) Stick to the training plan better. If I can't be disciplined in group rides and stick to the plan I will have to ride by myself more.
5) Get weight down to 175lbs. I backed down my training intensity so I can be more consistent with my eating. I give myself too big of a license to eat before and after a big race. Also, if I have a stressful training week I tend to forget about my diet plan.

These are my New Years' resolutions of sort.

My Goals - I think the main one is to Complete a 20+mi TT with a avg speed of 26+mph. If I can do that I should be super competitive in Crits and RR.

Base 1 starts the week of 23 Nov. 'till then I will keep up my running do spinning and weights.

BTW - I ran today. 2mi 8:30min pace.

No comments: