Monday, December 29, 2008

Base 1 is Done!

In my eyes I am done. This week concludes my Base 1 with only 10hrs of scheduled time I am going to enjoy it while I can because I know I will be in the middle of base 2 soon.

Other than spin classes I spent about 60% of my time in Zone 2. I am getting use to the 3hr trainer rides which make the 3hr road rides seem fun. My only regret is that I didn't ride for any longer than 3hrs. Next period I my goal will be to get a 4hr ride in each week.

My Base 1 weekly hours look like this: Week: 1) 14:00hrs, 2) 14.30hrs, 3) 17:15hrs

I still feel good and motivated. Next period will the training kicks up a notch with tempo work on Tuesdays. Also, I am going to carry on with my Muscle Strength workouts for a bit longer.

3 comments:

bryan said...

Yikes. I didn't realize I was so far ahead of you. What are you aiming for with your first peak?

Joe said...

It is hard to say since I have not seen any schedule. I am going to do some KS races in April. I will be should be peaking around the beginning of May. Norfolk Classic?

bryan said...

Isn't the Norfolk Classic in June, though?