Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ready to Race

I am officially on a rest week.  I did an easy 2hr ride Tuesday.  Last night I went slow into the wind but on the way back felt the need for speed.  I hooked up with a couple other guys and we flew down the road at times over 30 mph. 

Tomorrow will be a rest day in preparation to the race I am doing in Iowa City.  The road race is very short for a Cat 3 race.   It almost seems like a sprint.   After a few miles I expect it to be "Game On".  Since I don't have a TT bike I am liking the fact that no TT bikes are allowed in the time trial.  I heard the crit is tough, I am worried about that.. I can't help but remember my crash last year.

I will have an aggressive race schedule for the next couple of months..
- Iowa City this weekend
- Fayettville, Ak for the Joe Martin Stage Race May
- No race
- Lincoln, NE Capital City Criteruim
- Norfolk NE "The Classic" June
- Baker City, OR Elkhorn Classic June
- Omaha, NE Omaha Weekend

No comments: